Welcome to the Department of Surgery
Research and education with a surgical focus is central at our department. We are closely involved with the surgical medical care at KirurgCentrum, Centre of Surgery, University Hospital of Umeå. If you are interested you can read more about our different research projects and courses on this web site. You are also welcome to contact us.
Our goals are to:
- provide researchers with a stimulating environment for surgical research
- perform competitive surgical research on a national and international level
- educate doctoral students
- provide our students with knowledge on diagnostics and treatments on surgical diseases
- have a close collaboration with the Centre of Surgery at Umeå University Hospital, and to other surgical departments in the Northern region.
You are welcome to visit us at Umeå University Hospital. We are located at building 1A. Our experimental research groups are located at UKBF, 2:nd floor in building 3B and on the 4th floor in building 6M. KcKM, Traffic Safety Centrum North and Professor Ulf Björnstig’s research group are located on campus in the KBC-building.
You are also welcome to contact us on phone +46 90 785 1158, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org